Forskning
Udskriv Udskriv
Switch language
Region Hovedstaden - en del af Københavns Universitetshospital
Udgivet

Risk factors and a 3-month risk score for predicting pacemaker implantation in patients with atrial fibrillations

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

DOI

  1. Coronary risk of patients with valvular heart disease: prospective validation of CT-Valve Score

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Long-term impact of baseline anaemia on clinical outcomes following percutaneous coronary intervention in stable angina

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Living with heart failure: perspectives of ethnic minority families

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Exploration of pathophysiological pathways for incident atrial fibrillation using a multiplex proteomic chip

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  5. Sibling history is associated with heart failure after a first myocardial infarction

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  1. Prevalence and incidence of various Cancer subtypes in patients with heart failure vs matched controls

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Antihypertensive Drugs and Risk of Depression: A Nationwide Population-Based Study

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Long-term impact of baseline anaemia on clinical outcomes following percutaneous coronary intervention in stable angina

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Self-reported health status and the associated risk of mortality in heart failure: The DANISH trial

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

Vis graf over relationer

Objectives: To identify risk factors and to develop a predictive risk score for pacemaker implantation in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF).

Methods: Using Danish nationwide registries, patients with newly diagnosed AF from 2000 to 2014 were identified. Cox proportional-hazards regression computed HRs for risk factors of pacemaker implantation. A logistic regression was used to fit a prediction model for 3-month risk of pacemaker implantation and derived a risk score using 80% of the data and its predictive accuracy estimated using the remaining 20%.

Results: Among 155 934 AF patients included, the median age (IQR) was 75 (65-83) and 51.3% were men. During a median follow-up time of 3.4 (1.2-5.0) years, 8348 (5.4%) patients received a pacemaker implantation. Risk factors of pacemaker implantation were (in order of highest risk first) age above 60 years, congenital heart disease, heart failure at age under 60 years, prior syncope, valvular AF, hypertension, ischaemic heart disease, male sex and diabetes mellitus. The derived risk score assigns points ranging from 1 to 14 to each of these risk factors. The 3-month risk of pacemaker implantation increased from 0.4% (95% CI: 0.2 to 0.8) at 1 point to 2.6% (95% CI: 1.9 to 3.6) at 18 points. Area under the receiver operator characteristics curve was 62.9 (95% CI: 60.3 to 65.5).

Conclusion: We highlighted risk factors of pacemaker implantation in newly diagnosed AF patients and created a risk score. The clinical utility of the risk score needs further investigation.

OriginalsprogEngelsk
TidsskriftOpen Heart
Vol/bind7
Udgave nummer1
Sider (fra-til)e001125
ISSN2053-3624
DOI
StatusUdgivet - 2020

Bibliografisk note

© Author(s) (or their employer(s)) 2020. Re-use permitted under CC BY-NC. No commercial re-use. See rights and permissions. Published by BMJ.

ID: 59856265