Forskning
Udskriv Udskriv
Switch language
Region Hovedstaden - en del af Københavns Universitetshospital
Udgivet

Profile of patients with Brugada syndrome presenting with their first documented arrhythmic event: Data from the Survey on Arrhythmic Events in BRUgada Syndrome (SABRUS)

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

DOI

  1. Rate and rhythm therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation and the risk of pacing and bradyarrhythmia

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Incidence of atrial fibrillation in conjunction with breast cancer

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Vectorcardiographic QRS area is associated with long-term outcome after cardiac resynchronization therapy

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Brugada syndrome: Let's talk about sex

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  • Anat Milman
  • Antoine Andorin
  • Jean-Baptiste Gourraud
  • Pieter G Postema
  • Frederic Sacher
  • Philippe Mabo
  • Sung-Hwan Kim
  • Jimmy J M Juang
  • Shingo Maeda
  • Yoshihide Takahashi
  • Tsukasa Kamakura
  • Takeshi Aiba
  • Giulio Conte
  • Georgia Sarquella-Brugada
  • Eran Leshem
  • Michael Rahkovich
  • Aviram Hochstadt
  • Yuka Mizusawa
  • Elena Arbelo
  • Zhengrong Huang
  • Isabelle Denjoy
  • Carla Giustetto
  • Yanushi D Wijeyeratne
  • Carlo Napolitano
  • Yoav Michowitz
  • Ramon Brugada
  • Ruben Casado-Arroyo
  • Jean Champagne
  • Leonardo Calo
  • Jacob Tfelt-Hansen
  • Silvia G Priori
  • Masahiko Takagi
  • Christian Veltmann
  • Pietro Delise
  • Domenico Corrado
  • Elijah R Behr
  • Fiorenzo Gaita
  • Gan-Xin Yan
  • Josep Brugada
  • Antoine Leenhardt
  • Arthur A M Wilde
  • Pedro Brugada
  • Kengo F Kusano
  • Kenzo Hirao
  • Gi-Byoung Nam
  • Vincent Probst
  • Bernard Belhassen
Vis graf over relationer

BACKGROUND: Detailed information on the profile of patients with Brugada syndrome (BrS) presenting their first arrhythmic event (AE) after prophylactic implantation of an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) is limited.

OBJECTIVES: The objectives of this study were (1) to compare clinical, electrocardiographic, electrophysiologic, and genetic profiles of patients who exhibited their first documented AE as aborted cardiac arrest (group A) with profiles of those in whom the AE was documented after prophylactic ICD implantation (group B) and (2) to characterize group B patients' profile using the class II indications for ICD implantation established by HRS/EHRA/APHRS expert consensus statement in 2013.

METHODS: A survey of 23 centers from 10 Western and 4 Asian countries enabled data collection of 678 patients with BrS who exhibited their AE (group A, n = 426; group B, n = 252).

RESULTS: The first AE occurred in group B patients 6.7 years later than in group A (mean age 46.1 ± 13.3 years vs 39.4 ± 15.1 years; P < .001). Group B patients had a higher incidence of family history of sudden cardiac death and SCN5A mutations. Of the 252 group B patients, 189 (75%) complied with the HRS/EHRA/APHRS indications whereas the remaining 63 (25%) did not.

CONCLUSION: Patients with BrS with the first AE documented after prophylactic ICD implantation exhibited their AE at a later age with a higher incidence of positive family history of sudden cardiac death and SCN5A mutations as compared with those presenting with aborted cardiac arrest. Only 75% of patients who exhibited an AE after receiving a prophylactic ICD complied with the 2013 class II indications, suggesting that efforts are still required for improving risk stratification.

OriginalsprogEngelsk
TidsskriftHeart Rhythm
Vol/bind15
Udgave nummer5
Sider (fra-til)716-724
Antal sider9
ISSN1547-5271
DOI
StatusUdgivet - maj 2018

ID: 56381410