Forskning
Udskriv Udskriv
Switch language
Region Hovedstaden - en del af Københavns Universitetshospital
Udgivet

Late potentials and their correlation with ventricular structure in patients with ventricular arrhythmias

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

DOI

  1. The electromechanical substrate for response to cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with right bundle branch block

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Study Design and Cohort Description of DEFIB-WOMEN: A National Danish Study in Patients with an ICD

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Attitudes toward Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation: A Nationwide Survey among Danish Cardiologists

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Effect of cardiac rehabilitation in patients with ICD: are gender differences present? Results from the COPE-ICD trial

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  1. Diagnostic Potential of Intracardiac Echocardiography in Patients with Suspected Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Aetiologies and temporal trends of atrioventricular block in young patients: a 20-year nationwide study

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Association between Type D personality and outcomes in patients with non-ischemic heart failure

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Impact of Multiple Myocardial Scars Detected by CMR in Patients Following STEMI

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

Vis graf over relationer

INTRODUCTION: The presence of late potentials (LP) may indicate a predisposition to ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. We investigated the association between presence of LP and structural cardiac anomalies assessed by magnetic resonance (CMR) in patients presenting with ventricular arrhythmias.

METHODS: We included 42 patients admitted with ventricular tachycardia or fibrillation who had undergone both signal-averaged ECG recording and CMR imaging. Clinical data and CMR findings were compared in patients with and without LP.

RESULTS: The majority, 26 (62%) patients, were sudden cardiac death survivors and the remaining 16 (38%) were admitted with ventricular tachycardia. After full diagnostic work-up, the most common diagnoses in the cohort were idiopathic ventricular tachycardia/ventricular fibrillation (25 patients, 60%) or cardiomyopathies (11 patients, 26%). LPs were positive in 29 (69%) when using the revised Task Force criteria. When comparing patients with and without late potentials, there were no significant differences in right ventricular size relative to body surface area (102 mL/m2 vs 92 mL/m2 ), right ventricular ejection fraction (55% vs 58%), or positive late gadolinium enhancement (29% vs 24%).

CONCLUSIONS: Among patients with malignant arrhythmias, the presence of LP does not distinguish between patients with normal and abnormal RV structure or function on CMR. LP may indicate the presence of an arrhythmic heart disease beyond what can be inferred from CMR. The frequent finding of late potentials indicates that the diagnostic value of LP as an ARVC criteria should be tested in larger studies comparing ARVC patients and controls.

OriginalsprogEngelsk
TidsskriftPacing and clinical electrophysiology : PACE
Vol/bind40
Udgave nummer12
Sider (fra-til)1466-1471
ISSN0147-8389
DOI
StatusUdgivet - dec. 2017

ID: 52554448