Forskning
Udskriv Udskriv
Switch language
Region Hovedstaden - en del af Københavns Universitetshospital
Udgivet

Copper hypersensitivity

Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

DOI

  1. Contact allergy to 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate in Denmark

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. CI Solvent Yellow 14 (Sudan I) identified as the allergen in a plastic part of glasses

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  3. Allergic contact stomatitis caused by (meth)acrylates in an occlusal splint

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  4. Identification of pigments related to allergic tattoo reactions in 104 human skin biopsies

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  1. Contact allergy to 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate in Denmark

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

  2. Exposure analysis using X-ray fluorescence device and a cobalt spot test in four patients with cobalt allergy

    Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskriftTidsskriftartikelForskningpeer review

Vis graf over relationer

The world production of copper is steadily increasing. Although humans are widely exposed to copper-containing items on the skin and mucosa, allergic reactions to copper are only infrequently reported. To review the chemistry, biology and accessible data to clarify the implications of copper hypersensitivity, a database search of PubMed was performed with the following terms: copper, dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, contact hypersensitivity, contact sensitization, contact allergy, patch test, dental, IUD, epidemiology, clinical, and experimental. Human exposure to copper is relatively common. As a metal, it possesses many of the same qualities as nickel, which is a known strong sensitizer. Cumulative data on subjects with presumed related symptoms and/or suspected exposure showed that a weighted average of 3.8% had a positive patch test reaction to copper. We conclude that copper is a very weak sensitizer as compared with other metal compounds. However, in a few and selected cases, copper can result in clinically relevant allergic reactions.

OriginalsprogEngelsk
TidsskriftContact Dermatitis
Vol/bind71
Udgave nummer4
Sider (fra-til)191-201
Antal sider11
ISSN0105-1873
DOI
StatusUdgivet - okt. 2014

ID: 44855333