We report a case of accidental intra-arterial injection of propofol in a 37-year-old woman admitted for gynaecological surgery. The patient first reported pain and then demonstrated hyperaemia and swelling of the hand lasting for 15 minutes. No specific treatment was required, all symptoms disappeared spontaneously and the patient was discharged without any functional deficit. It is, nevertheless, important to prevent or discover accidental intra-arterial cannulation. When infusion is difficult or when strong pain appears during propofol administration, accidental intra-arterial injection must be excluded.
|Bidragets oversatte titel||[Accidental intra-arterial propofol injection]|
|Tidsskrift||Ugeskrift for Laeger|
|Status||Udgivet - 3 maj 2010|